I enjoyed such a delectable dinner I simply had to share! This fulfills each food group, so it is a complete meal as is. Serves 4.
You will need
- 2 1/2 C large pearl couscous(available at health food or ethnic store if not at your regular grocery)
- At least 1 lb fresh tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced spinach
- 6 fresh farm eggs (the flavor and nutritional quality is worth the effort!)
- olive oil and if desired butter
- 1 clove garlic.
- Seasonings of your choice to taste (Salt, black or cayenne pepper, basil, etc.)
Directions: Bring 3 cups of filtered water to a boil. Add 1 clove minced garlic and about 2 tsp. salt. Add 2 1/2 cups large pearl couscous and boil 10 minutes, or al dente. If using regular couscous decrease boiling time to about 5 minutes, but always bite to be sure.
While this is boiling, use your cast iron skillet and a generous splash of olive oil to scramble the eggs. Add to the couscous once both are cooked. If desired add 1 T butter and mix, along with any desired seasonings.
Stir in tomatoes and spinach. If you like sprinkle with parmesan or romano cheese. Serve warm or cold.
If you plan on having two little girls and a husband like mine, plan on serving seconds, thirds, and maybe fourths!